Going to a Memorial Day barbecue today? This homemade salsa would be a great addition to any meal. It is so fresh tasting and relatively quick and easy to make, too. Serve it with chips or add it to the top of your grilled meats. Any leftovers will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red jalapeno
- 1 green jalapeno
- 3, 16-ounce cans of diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 head of cilantro, stems removed
- 1 can of hatch green chilies
- Put the garlic and onion in a food processor and chop until finely diced using the pulse setting and being careful not to over chop the mixture which could turn it into mush. Add the jalapeno* peppers and quickly dice again. Add two of the cans of tomatoes, the lime juice and the cilantro. Pulse several times until roughly combined. Add the last can of tomatoes and the green chilies and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- *The spice level on the peppers was a medium hot. If you want it mild, remove the seeds before you add them.