This vegetable dish is reminiscent of pasta. It tastes like pasta, but is pure vegetables. I got the idea to try this from a wonderful vegetarian dish I had at Rendezvous Bistro.
Very easy, and really tasty!
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1 cup broth (I used beef broth)
- 3 tablespoons Vom Fass Oregano EVOO
- 2 tablespoons Crescendo Aglio Olio & Pepperoncino (available at Vom Fass)
- A mandolin that can cut the zucchini into small strips
- 1 teaspoon Crescendo Celery Salt
- Crescendo Garlic Pepper
- Sliced and sauteed Italian Sausage (optional)
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut off both ends of the zucchini.
- Using the hand guard -- let me repeat -- using the hand guard, slice the zucchini into strips using a mandolin.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the Oregano EVOO with 1 tablespoon of the Aglio Olio & Pepperoncino spice blend.
- Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the broth, 2 Tbsps of the Oregano EVOO, 1 Tbsp. of the Aglio Olio & Pepperoncino spice blend and the Celery Salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini strips. Cover the pan. Don't worry that the broth will not cover all of the zucchini.
- After a minute, turn the zucchini over so that the top is on the bottom. Cook about 2 minutes total.
- Pour entire contents of pan into bowl with Oregano EVOO and Aglio Olio & Pepperoncino spice blend. Let sit for 2 minutes before serving with broth. Use Crescendo Garlic Pepper to taste.
- You can add sliced and sauteed Italian Sausage to the zucchini pasta if you wish or serve it as a vegetarian main entree or a side dish. The zucchini should be al dente.