If you are in the cooking mood, but are facing obstacles such as wanting to keep it healthy and on the cheaper side, here is the perfect recipe for you. Here, Vom Fass owner Kim Weiss has shared a recipe and broken down the nutrition label and cost per person. This is a quick and easy recipe to make and is sure to be a hit.
This meal is gluten free, dairy free and vegan. The dish serves four, with a cost of $7.50 per person and 550 calories per serving. Total cooking time is 15 minutes.
Here’s your shopping list at Jackson Whole Grocer:
- 1 bunch asparagus, produce department, $2.99
- 1 bunch fresh Italian Parsley, produce department, $.99
- 2 roma tomatoes, produce department, $.70
- 1, 100ml bottle of Vom Fass lemon extra virgin olive oil, Vom Fass kiosk, $9.98
- 1 small jar of com Fass Aglio Olio and Pepperoncino, Vom Fass kiosk, $8.69
- 1,100ml bottle of Vom Fass Aceto Balsamico Maletti, Vom Fass kiosk, $20.98
- 1 package of Barilla gluten free pasta, aisle 2, $2.69 or 1 package of Tinkyada pasta joy brown rice pasta, aisle 2, $4.19
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine 3 tablespoons of the com lemon extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of the aglio olio spice blend in a large bowl. Set the large bowl aside.
- Rinse the asparagus. Cut off the bottom of the asparagus so that only the last 4 inches remain.
- Put the asparagus tops in a zip-lock bag, and add 1 tablespoon of the lemon oil. Toss and broil until the asparagus tips are browned.
- While the asparagus is browning, dice the roma tomatoes and put them in the bowl with the oil and spice.
- Remove the asparagus from the broiler and allow to slightly cool.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and place in the large bowl with the spice and oil. When the pasta is done, drain the pasta then pour the hot, steaming pasta into the large bowl with the spice oil, tomatoes and asparagus. Toss.
- Plate and drizzle each serving with a little bit of the com Fass Aceto Balsamico Maletti. Garnish with sprigs of fresh Italian parsley.
- (You could also add shaved Parmesan cheese and/or Italian sausage to this dish._
- Calorie estimates do not include cheese or sausage, and cost estimate removes unused and leftover items can be used in other dishes.