A couple of weeks ago, we asked our readers what recipes from local restaurants they want to have at home. One reader said she loved the corn soup that Rendezvous Bistro has been serving all summer. They agreed to share the recipe, so here it is — just in time for the last few regional corn harvests!
Recipe: The Bistro’s Corn Soup
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 12 cups fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1.5 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 1 pound of butter
- 6 cups cream
- 8 cups corn stock
- Make the corn stock by adding the corn cores you cut the corn off to a pot with just cold water. Bring to a slow boil and simmer and for and hour or two.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a slow boil.
- Add 8 cups of the corn stock bring back to a simmer. Blend the soup with a hand blender and add salt.
- Serve chilled.