As Thanksgiving approaches, Dishing wants to thank the amazing chefs we have around Jackson! Check out this column for new recipes everyday between now and Wednesday to get ideas for some dishes you might want to make this holiday season!
“I used to make a sweet potato casserole every year, but a few years ago I decided instead to do sweet potatoes with maple butter like we do at the restaurant. It’s simple, easy and a delicious Thanksgiving day treat.”
-Executive Chef Pete Lagerveld, The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
At the Gun Barrel, they freeze the butter into florets so the presentation is as amazing as the taste.
Gun Barrel Sweet Potato with Maple Butter
- This recipe makes 8 pounds of maple butter, so cut it down to fit your needs.
- 8 pounds softened unsalted butter
- 3 pounds brown sugar
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons imitation maple
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- In a mixer, whip butter and brown sugar together first, then combine all other ingredients and continue mixing.
- Place parchment paper on sheet trays.
- Pipe mixture onto paper (in desired shape, Gun Barrel makes florets).
- Freeze promptly.