If you are a soup connoisseur or an expert soup maker, local nonprofits need your input and expertise. This December, the Center for the Arts and the Wyoming Humanities Council are hosting a Soup-Off.
The event will take place in the lobby of the Center for the Arts on Thursday, Dec. 13, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is being held in conjunction with the arrival of “Key Ingredients: America by Food,” a traveling exhibition from the Smithsonian Institution.
Any local nonprofit can sign up to participate in the Soup-Off and raise money for their organizations.
Details for signing up are as follows:
- Registration is first-come, first-served, as space is limited.
- Deadline for registration is Nov. 30 at 5 p.m.
- There is no entry fee for participants.
- Participating organizations are encouraged to display information about their services and offerings on their tables during the competition.
- Participants will need to provide 2 gallons of their fully prepared soup. On the day of the event, participants will deliver their warm soup to the Center for the Arts theater lobby by 10 a.m. Participants will need to bring their own ladle.
- Chafing dishes, tasting cups and spoons will be provided.
Nonprofit organizations are invited to participate by entering a soup of their choosing in the competition. Event organizer Anne Bradley said nonprofits should feel free to work with any area chefs, caterers and/or outside-the-organization soup makers if they wish.
This event will be open to the public, and attendees will act as soup judges. Tasters will buy $1 tickets and get a soup tasting for that amount. After tasting the soups they wish, the “judges” reward the soup (and, in turn, the nonprofit of their choice) with a vote. Nonprofits will walk away with $1 for every vote they receive.
Admission to the event will be free.
Interested in participating? Contact Anne Bradley at the Center via email email@example.com or call 307.734.8956, ext.27.
Side Note: Dishing wants to help. We will help the first nonprofit to get in touch with us by making a soup for the event! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, see this flyer for other food-related events associated with the exhibit: