Want to add a special touch to your holiday gifts this year? Make something homemade! People will appreciate the extra effort you put into a homemade gift.
This granola recipe is super quick to make and has so much flavor. I made it and have been serving it for breakfast over vanilla yogurt topped with fruit. It’s delicious and has a rich, balanced flavor. You could also use it as a snack or for dessert, served on top of ice cream.
Anyone would appreciate this delicious granola. Another special touch? Add the recipe to the back of a gift card so they can mix it up themselves next time.
Homemade Foodie Gift – Coconut Chocolate Fruit Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sliced Marcona almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits such as raisins, cherries, and apricots
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds and salt. In a small saucepan melt coconut oil with honey over low heat, stirring until combined. Pour the wet mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined well.
- In a large sheet pan, spread granola evenly and bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Add to a large bowl with the fruit and chocolate. Stir until well combined and cooled (the chocolate will melt and coat the mixture slightly.
- Cool then store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
This recipe was originally published in The Jackson Hole News and Guide