We are always looking to the restaurants in Jackson Hole for inspiration for cooking during the holidays. We all need a supply of easy, delicious dishes we can make for entertaining. Snake River Grill’s chorizo stuffed dates are a perfect dish to whip together to impress your friends and family. Try this recipe when you are headed to your next holiday party. Your guests will be impressed.
Don’t feel like cooking? The dates are on the Grill’s winter menu (the just reopened for the season). And if you go, pick up a gift for someone special. For every $100 gift certificate you buy, you get $25 to spend yourself.
Snake River Grill’s Chorizo Stuffed Dates
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 12 large Medjool dates
- 12 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, transfer to small bowl and combine with parsley.
- Cut a slit along top of individual date. Remove pit and stuff with 1 tablespoon of chorizo mixture.
- Wrap one bacon piece around date, overlapping ends slightly. Fasten with toothpick.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add dates, toothpick side down. Cook without moving until bacon browns, about five minutes.
- Continue to cook until bacon is brown on all sides and transfer to paper towel to drain. Remove toothpicks and serve warm.