My etiquette is hardly perfect, as I can think of quite a few long-overdue thank you notes waiting to be penned. I blame their tardiness on the need for new stationary. Excuses, I know!
There is one social grace of which I will never be remiss: arriving at a dinner party empty-handed. While wine and flowers are always appropriate, I prefer gift items that are a bit more unique and have a longer shelf life. From the quirky and masculine to the modern and eco-friendly, this is a list of my current favorites. While Emily Post may not agree with some of the less conventional items, I can guarantee they will all secure you a repeat dinner invitation.
(1) “Piece of Cake” tea towel and handcrafted wooden server from Studio Parto
(2) Brass Bottle Opener designed by Masanori Oji
(3) “White Noise” 2-Mug Gift Set by Alison Fox
(4) Etch Candleholder designed by Tom Dixon
(5) Painted Antler from Cassandra Smith
(1) Jonathon Adler devil salt and pepper shakers
(2) Resin Champagne Bucket from Tina Frey
(3) “Give” Wrap from Chewing the Cud
(4) Ralph Lauren leather coasters
(5) Best Made Company Axe Box