Over the hill in Driggs, Idaho, Three Peaks Restaurant serves up Italian and western-influenced cuisine. Three Peaks Catering
, however, can bring any type of cuisine to your event, any day of the year. Both are owned and operated by Chef Steve Murphy. Trained at the Culinary Institute of America, his specialty is simple, yet elegant western cuisine with a focus on unique cuts of buffalo, elk, board and wild game.
Consider Three Peaks Catering for your holiday catering needs. Chef Murphy provides comforting cuisine for every budget, group size or dietary guideline. Wild game may be his specialty, but he’s equally creative in crafting delicious gluten-free and vegan options.
Murphy has provided this recipe for Dishing readers for Three Peaks’ garden herb butter. Because butter isn’t just for spreading on bread, he encourages you to get creative with its uses. For example, the roasted vegetables of the featured harvest salad were tossed in this butter for undertones of added flavor!
Harvest Garden Herb Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and strained
- Using the paddle attachment on a mixer, mix ingredients until well-combined.