Tiramisu is a wonderful, rich Italian dessert that incorporates a vast variety of flavors.
Here is one take on the sumptuous dish for those who love our Vom Fass liqueurs!
Easy Tiramisu-like Trifle
- 2 packages of lady finger cookies or 2 small vanilla pound cakes cut into "finger" size portions
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces marscapone cheese
- Small container whipped cream
- 1/3 cup Vom Fass Nut Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons Vom Fass Fine Orange Liqueur
- A dark chocolate bar
- In a stand mixer, whip the marscapone for 1 minute on medium speed.
- On a lower speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Once the powdered sugar is completely incorporated, add in the Orange Liqueur and then add in the whipped cream.
- In a trifle dish (if you don't have a trifle dish, use a Pyrex baking dish but you probably will only be able to do one layer of the lady fingers and one layer of the cheese mixture), layer the lady fingers or pound cake slices alternating with a layer of the cheese mixture.
- Over each layer of lady fingers or pound cake, drizzle the Nut Chocolate Liqueur before you layer the cheese mixture.
- Top with chocolate shaved from the chocolate bar.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
You can use different combinations of the liqueurs instead of the Nut Chocolate and Orange Liqueur. For example, the Vanilla Dream and Cocoa Liqueur would be rich and wonderful, as would the Latte Macchiato and the Framboise, or the Apricot Grappa and the Cocoa Liqueur.