Let’s face it, a good sauce can turn an ordinary meal into an extraordinary one. What follows is one of my favorite sauce recipes. You can use this over steak. You can spoon this over egg noodles or a baked potato. The possibilities are endless and delicious.
- One carton of large white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. of Crescendo Porini & Tartufi spice blend (available at Vom Fass)
- 3 Tbsp. of Herb Garlic Oil
- 2Tbsp. of Vinagre Viejo de Montilla
- 1/2 Tsp. of Crescendo Celery Salt
- 1/3 cup of Sour Cream (or Tofutti Sour Cream if you can't have dairy)
- Heat the herb garlic oil in a non-stick pan until it glistens. Add the mushrooms and the Porcini & Tarfufi spice blend. When the mushrooms are brown around the edges, add the Vinagre Viejo de Montilla (wonderful aged Spanish wine vinegar) and let it reduce for about a minute. Remove from heat and place in a separate bowl. Mix in the Celery Salt and the sour cream. Enjoy!