Let’s face it, a good sauce can turn an ordinary meal into an extraordinary one. What follows is one of my favorite sauce recipes. You can use this over steak. You can spoon this over egg noodles or a baked potato. The possibilities are endless and delicious.
- One carton of large white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Crescendo Porini & Tartufi spice blend (available at Vom Fass)
- 3 tablespoons herb garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons Vinagre Viejo de Montilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Crescendo Celery Salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or Tofutti Sour Cream if you can't have dairy)
- Heat the herb garlic oil in a non-stick pan until it glistens.
- Add the mushrooms and spice blend.
- When the mushrooms are brown around the edges, add the Vinagre Viejo de Montilla (wonderful aged Spanish wine vinegar) and let it reduce for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a separate bowl.
- Mix in the Celery Salt and sour cream.