This is one of my favorite ways to get my family to eat their carrots.
Carrots that Taste Like Candy
- You will need:
- 1 pound of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (I cheat and use pre-peeled carrots and I like to cut them on a diagonal because I think it looks prettier.
- 3 Tbsps. honey
- 3 Tbsps Waldburg Balsam Calamansi or Mango vinegar
- Crescendo Orange Pepper* (available at Vom Fass) to taste
- *Editor's note: this is one of our favorite spices! We love the way it adds an interesting tang to anything especially tomato sauce.
- Steam the carrots until they are tender but not soft. I use a fork or a knife to poke the carrots after 10 to 15 minutes of steaming; if the fork goes in a little bit then they are done. Combine the honey with the Calamansi or Mango vinegar. Remove the carrots from the heat. Place the carrots in a sauce pan with the honey/vinegar mixture. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Finish with salt and Orange Pepper to taste.