This is one of my favorite ways to get my family to eat their carrots.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (I cheat and use pre-peeled carrots and I like to cut them on a diagonal because I think it looks prettier)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Waldburg Balsam Calamansi or Mango vinegar
- Crescendo Orange Pepper* (available at Vom Fass) to taste
- *Editor's note: this is one of our favorite spices! We love the way it adds an interesting tang to anything, especially tomato sauce.
- Steam the carrots until they are tender, but not soft.
- I use a fork or a knife to poke the carrots after 10 to 15 minutes of steaming; if the fork goes in a little bit then they are done.
- Combine the honey with the Calamansi or Mango vinegar.
- Remove the carrots from the heat.
- Place the carrots in a sauce pan with the honey/vinegar mixture.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Finish with salt and Orange Pepper to taste.