Ask and you shall receive. Thank you to all who helped the gang at Trio get 100 more likes on Facebook.
As promised, here is the coveted recipe for the blue cheese fondue that comes smothered on Trio’s waffle fries (do I hear women everywhere swooning?). Let us know how you plan to use it at home. And, head on over for dinner at Trio or Local, and make sure to thank Paul and Will. Can you believe they gave this up?
Trio’s Blue Cheese Fondue
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter, add flour to butter and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat and set aside.
- Pour milk in small saucepan, and heat until scalded.
- Turn off heat.
- Combine butter/flour mixture with milk, stirring until it starts to thicken, then add blue cheese.
- Return pan to low heat, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Finish with chopped scallions.