In search of a last minute dish to bring to your Thanksgiving potluck? Look no further than the Brussels sprouts from Rations at Basecamp. Happy Thanksgiving!!
“The Brussels sprouts at Rations’ is an incredible combination of flavors. The ingredients add these awesome touches of salty, sweet and savory. What are the chances they’d share the recipe?” –Bailey Johnson, Jackson
Rations’ Brussels Sprouts
For the aioli:
- Add the egg yolk and mustard to a bowl, whisking until combined and smooth.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil.
- Continue whisking until mixture starts to resemble the texture of mayonnaise.
- Once combined, add vinegar, coffee, salt and Sriracha.
- Taste, and add more salt if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 F/
- Lay out the speck on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment and cook until crispy, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Break cooled speck into shards.
- Fry Brussels sprouts in a deep fryer until crispy, or coat in olive oil and roast in a 400 F oven until browned.
- In a large bowl, add cooked Brussels sprouts, apple, speck and just enough aioli to coat.
- Taste, adding additional salt if necessary.