Dishing recieved this request just in time for the holidays:
Hey Dishing editors,
I just bought some corn bread at Whole Grocer, and WOW it’s the best corn bread I have ever had. Amazing!
Do you think you could get the recipe? Nina Braga
Jackson Whole Grocer thankfully shared their cornbread recipe, which could be an easy recipe to make this holiday season to go along with your favorite soup or Christmas entree. Want to taste it before you make it? Stop by the Whole Grocer and grab a piece with a bowl of soup.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soada
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly grease an 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the bater will still be lumpy). Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clear, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.