This delicious recipe comes from From Derek Ellis of Ellis Custom Meats.
Pomegranate-Marinated Leg of Lamb
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sweet red wine
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 lemon, unpeeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
- Pulse ingredients in blender or food processor until onions are minced. Place leg of lamb and blended marinade in a zip-top bag and marinate for at least 12 hours.
To Roast in the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. Line a 9-by-12-inch baking pan with foil.
- Remove lamb from marinade and place in the pan, fat-side up. Discard marinade. Roast in the oven until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Farenheit, about 2 hours. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting slices against the grain.